The Natural Superwoman
Dr. Reiss dispels the myths about hormone replacement therapy with scientific evidence explaining the incredible benefits of bioidentical hormones. He illustrates how nutrition, mental and physical activity, and ideal mood balance can work hand-in-hand with hormones to prepare women for the challenges she faces every day and enhance her overall health. The Natural Superwoman explains:
- What specific hormones can enhance energy, sexuality, and memory; heal dry skin treat sleep disorders; alleviate anxiety and depression and eliminate night sweats;
- Why women should take magnesium instead of calcium to guard against osteoporosis;
- How simple diet tweaks that help with weight loss can also promote sound sleep, bone health, cardiovascular benefits, and more;
- Why women may wish to reconsider their current form of birth control
Dr. Reiss takes the confusion out of the medical information you need to know. In clear, non-technical language, he thoroughly explains:
- the important difference between standard chemical hormone prescriptions and natural hormone replacements
- which hormone replacements are best for you and how to adjust them to your maximum individual benefit
- how to take hormones without worry
- how to choose the most effective hormonal gel, cream, pill, or sublingual drops, and when to use them
This book offers accessible yet authoritative information from a physician with more than thirty years of experience understanding and working with the personal needs of women. The Natural Superwoman shows readers how to take control of their well-being, live vibrantly, and become the best possible versions of themselves-naturally.
In spite of the fact that my practice is really elective, that we don't advertise through insurance referral or any other means, there are still a large percentage of woman that elect to come see me, who on certain levels are still confused about the issue of how healthy and how safe it is to use bioidentical hormones. This book was written for two reasons. First, to supply these woman nutritional alternatives to their problems such as diet, stress release, physical activity, vitamins, minerals, herbs and nutritional supplementation. Second, a) to give to these women the most updated information on why bioidentical hormones are safe, healthy, and important for our well being at any age; b) why avoiding taking bioidentical hormones, if needed, has a devastating effect on your health c) why it is even more dangerous to use chemicalized hormones to resolve your hormonal imbalance problem.